27 April 2012

way out of my comfort zone!


I'm doing it!!  I'm running in a Ragnar Relay.

Let me rephrase that.

I'm participating in a Ragnar!  I'm not what you would call a "runner" per say, but I can run and I'm just crazy enough to do this!!  I'm scared out of my pants but so extremely excited.

Washington State
Blaine to Whidbey Island
July 20-21, 2012

My sister works for Ragnar but is SOOO busy (she really is amazing!) that she has asked that I be the team captain...whatever that means.  :)  Thankfully I have her to answer all my questions!  Because, lets face it, I have never run one and I have no idea what I am getting myself into!  But that's part of the excitement!!!

Here's the catch...I need more team members!  We have six and need six more. Do you run?  Do you know of someone who runs and would like to join?  Registration closes on 15 May so we need to get moving on this!

Ragnar is an overnight relay where teams run nearly 200 miles.  There are super-crazies that have 6-man teams but, since I want to live, I am putting together a 12-man team.  Maybe someday I will be just crazy enough to do a 6-man...we'll see.  Each member of a 12-man team runs 3 legs, spread throughout the 200 miles.

It will be so fun to connect with you guys in a non-sewing way.  Like, real life...face-to-face!

Check out their website!  They offer great resources like training, course maps, checklists, and more!!

Have questions?  Want to join?  You can find my email in my Profile.  Or, just leave me a comment with your email and I'll get back with you on the details.

This will be so fun!  It will push us to our limits while we enjoy beautiful western Washington.  There's no better way to enjoy the scenery then by being in it!