18 July 2011

lots of binding!

I had been planning to take off last week for a girl's getaway with a bunch of the ladies on my husbands side of the family.  Unfortunately babysitting fell through and my little people got sick.

In anticipation of a relaxing getaway I whipped up these two quilts (you can see them in my shop) with the intention of binding them during a little down time.  That would have been nice, but I got to sit by my hubby while I finished them instead, which is always my favorite.


Here he is looking awfully sneaky behind that quilt.  I used prints from two Heather Bailey lines; Bijoux and Nicey Jane.  I pieced the back using some of the scraps.  I like how it turned out.  I still need to come up with a name for this quilt.


I do have a name for this quilt though--Building Blocks.  I love, LOVE this quilt!  That red square is a bit of Heather Bailey also, along with some black and cream.


I really like the quilting on this.  Basically I just followed the seam lines which sort of frames the squares.


I also have patterns for both of these quilts in my shop right now.