13 May 2010

Ditch Water

In all my years growing up on a farm, I never saw the water come into the ditch.

So when my six year-old came running in the door yesterday exclaiming that the water was coming in "10 minutes!", I was just as excited as he was. 

I quickly finished the dishes, bundled up Thing 1 & Thing 2 and waited for the water to come.  It did.  Finally.  After about 30 minutes.  Take if from me, it is SO hard to wait patiently when you are so ridiculously excited!




The water master had a few guys helping him.  They didn't understand why I was taking pictures. In fact, one of them said, "So, why are you taking pictures of the water?"  He was completely dumbfounded.  

To blog about, of course!



Can you add something to your bucket list once you realize it should have already been there? 

That evening I asked my six year-old what he was thinking when the water was coming in.  In his true character, "I was thinking I want to be one of those guys when I grow up so I can help the water come in the ditch."

Nice.